Find your hotel
Events & Festivals and other site seeings in Maastricht:
* Carnival (Dutch: Carnaval, Limburgish: Vastelaovend) & November 11 (start Carnival-season)
* Preuvenemint, culinary event in late August.
* The European Fine Art Fair (TEFAF)
Museums of Maastricht:
* Bonnefanten Museum of art.
* Natuurhistorisch Museum which exhibits collections relating to geology, paleontology and the flora and fauna of Limburg.
Sights of Maastricht
* Bassin, an inner harbour with various restaurants.
* The Helpoort and the city wall.
* The Hoge Fronten (also Linie van du Moulin), 17th/18th century bastion.
* The Kazematten, the tunnels beneath the Hoge Fronten.
* The Markt (Marketsquare) with the city hall.
* Onze-Lieve-Vrouwe square with the Onze-Lieve-Vrouw basilica.
* To the south of the city is the hill of St. Pietersberg which has an old fort and a network of caves within. The caves maintain a constant temperature of 10°C and are a hibernation place for bats. The caves were formed by digging out the Marl that was used to build houses. This led to a very extensive network of caves that were used as hiding places during World War II. Later, the marl was used by ENCI to make cement. In the process a large chunk was removed from one side of the hill. The unused material was used to make a new hill, d'n Observant. In the process of carving out the marl, fossils were found, most notably one of a mosasaur in 1780 (which, contrary to popular belief, was not a dinosaur). The find was so famous it led to naming a 6-million-year epoch after the city: the Maastrichtian.
* The statue of d'Artagnan in the Aldenhofpark.
* Various shopping streets e.g. the Stokstraatkwartier, the Grote Staat & Kleine Staat and the recently restored mall Entre Deux.
* Vrijthof square, with the Vrijthoftheatre (Theater aan het Vrijthof), the Saint Servatius basilica (Sint-Servaasbasiliek) and the Saint Johns church (Sint-Janskerk).
* Nightlive, a popular nightclub in the nave of a former church on the riverfront.
Zenden Design Hotel Maastricht, MaastrichtSt. Bernardusstraat 5, 6211 HK, Maastricht
Book a room at Zenden Design Hotel Maastricht Book
Hotel and Swimclub Zenden is located within three monumental town houses situated near the river Maas in Maastricht, the Netherlands. The hotel’s history begins in the late sixties and has evolved ever since.
In 2009 award winning Dutch architect Wiel Arets has transformed the location to an elegant and sophisticated boutique hotel, resulting in a nomination for best new interior design worldwide.
Upon entering the hotel, a relaxing lounge welcomes guests- inviting them to have a drink, admire the hotel’s pool or simply enjoy the purple Japanese maple on the patio, which contrasts the hotel’s white interior.
From the lounge, guests can descend to the basement and find the sapphire blue waters of the pool, which retains its original medieval vault.
Oppositely, ascending the stairs, nine hotel rooms await their guests- each room unique.
Inside the new guest rooms, services such as showers, toilets and cupboards have been condensed to blocks; enabling more living space.
Corian inlays and night-stands have been integrated into the walls, Alessi washing tables placed on floating shelves, TV’s hidden behind reflecting glass and bathroom doors serve as mirrors.
Within this playground of the guest rooms’- dark-purple beds, Vitra armchairs and ottomans tempt hotel visitors to call their room a temporary home, while also allowing comfortable contemplation of the culturally rich city of Maastricht.
Show more hotel pictures »
City tax included: no (€ 4,75 p.p.p.n.)
Breakfast included: € 13,50 p.p.p.n.
Hotel Rooms: 9
Check-in time: 14:00-18:00 (sa/sun till 15.00)
Check-out time: 11:00
Hotel Facilities: Bar, Parking, Laundry Service, Terrace, Safe, Fitness, Internet, Swimming pool, Non Smoking rooms available.
Urban room - 2
All the character you need for an urban discovery.
All glass shower and signature x-long Auping beds
White corian bathroom fitted with the bathroom concept IL BAGNO ALESSI Dot
L'occitane bathroom ame...
from € 98,-
Patio room - 2
Patio room Our most breazy room Features: A room with sneak-peek street views and a private courtyard Peek-a-boo shower with L'occitane bathroom amenities X-Long king-size Auping bed Vitra furniture Signature...
from € 118,-
Wow room - 2
So you want it all.
Large room with city views and plenty of natural light
A free standing Allessi d’ot bath
All glass shower with L'occitane bathroom amenities
X-Long king-size Auping bed
from € 128,-
Studio - 2
Zenden Studios balances the style and hospitality of an intimate hotel with the space and comfort of a fully appointed condominium.
Guests can expect unparalleled downtown locations; signature cosmopolitan design; l...
from € 98,-
Additional information about Zenden Design Hotel Maastricht
Cancellation- and additional conditions Zenden Design Hotel Maastricht
If cancelled up to 4 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged.
if cancelled up to 3 days before date of arrival, 50 percent of the total price of the reservation will be charged.
If cancelled or modified later less than 72 hours before date of arrival 100 percent of the total price of the reservation will be charged
In case of no-show , the total price of the reservation will be charged.
No refunds will be given for late arrivals or early departures.